Happy birthday to my newest niece! She was born this morning at 10:45, the same time that Baby A was born. Weighing in at 7 lb 14 oz and 21 3/4" long, her daddy says that she's all fingers and toes. She's been blessed with the Floyd digits... long and slender. Or, as my sister-in-law calls them, "finger-toes." Happy birthday, little one!
I was planning on dedicating this post to Luke, as he says that Washingtonians talk funny. Case in point (and these are all real words, folks...):
1. Geoduck. Pronounced "gooey-duck." No joke here. It's a clam that has a three-foot long neck that sticks out of the clam shell. Actually, it looks pretty gross. Anyway, it's one example of our funny talking here.
2. Issaquah. Pronounced "ISS-ih-Quah." A town just east of Seattle.
3. Touchet. Pronounced "TOO-shee." As opposed to the French pronunciation, "too-SHAY." Another town, this one just north and slightly east of Walla Walla.
4. Buena. Pronounced "byoo-ANN-ah." I'm not kidding. It looks like it should be pronounced the regular Spanish way, but no. And it's yet another town, a little east of Yakima.
5. Gonzaga. Pronounced "gon-ZAG-ah." Now that they've been in the Sweet 16 several times, most of the country knows how to say the name. Under no circumstances is it ever correct to pronounce it "gon-ZAH-gah." Sports announcers, get a clue.
6. Sequim. Pronounced "skwim." I seem to be focusing on town names here... but maybe that's because when we're in the car is when Luke gives his "appropriate" pronunciation guide to me.
7. Puyallup. Pronounced "pyoo-AL-up." Their theme song for the Washington State Fair is actually, "Do the Puyallup." It's a catchy jingle that keeps you in tune bondage long after you've heard it. I apologize to all the Washingtonians who have been trying to forget that jingle and now are firmly in the clutches of tune bondage once again.
So, I guess we do talk funny in Washington. But we don't regularly say things like "fixin' to" unless we're married to Texans. :)
For stephaniekscott.evie Incredible 70% OFF
8 hours ago